Jemimah Ashleigh, founder of Tangs Design, social media practitioner and soon to be published author, is asking budding entrepreneurs one question as we head into a new year: what do you truly want to achieve in 2018?
Ms Ashleigh is passing on her top 5 ways to kickstart the entrepreneurial journey towards success for 2018:
#1. Get intentional and get real
What are you really trying to achieve in 2018? Set out your goals for the next 12 months and if they don’t scare you, the goals aren’t big enough. What do you need to make happen? What milestones do you need to hit along the way? Reverse engineer your success by dividing the year into quarter blocks.
Take a good look at yourself. Is entrepreneurship something you actually want to do? Sure, it looks sexy as hell from the outside but it’s a difficult journey. Things are going to get hard so do you actually have what it takes to keep going?
#2. Be proactive in positioning yourself
Once you’ve got your goals sorted, you need to consider how you’ll position yourself. What do you want to be known for? When people think of you, what do you want them to think about? Know that every decision you make from here – every blog post, every speaking gig, every social media post – should contribute towards your goals and how you intend to position yourself.
#3. Find your tribe
To play with the high rollers, you need to be in the same room as them. With this knowledge in mind, figure out what conferences you’ll need to attend, what networking groups you need to join and who you want mentoring you. Find your tribe and get in that room!
#4. Get clear on what you need to do
Entrepreneurs can find it difficult to acknowledge that we don’t always have all the skills we need. So here’s some straight to the point advice: you only have one life, stop doing things you don’t want to do. Outsource, get a virtual assistant if you need to – focus on doing the work you love!
#5. Do the work and be patient
There’s no lying here: this is going to be super difficult and it will be hard work pretty much all the time. Forget about shortcuts. This doesn’t involve luck. This is nose to the grindstone. This is hard work… every single day. Be patient. Overnight successes you read about online or see on the news take at least 10 years.
To organise an interview or photo opportunity with Ms Ashleigh, please contact Sarah Cannata on 0407 536 133 or via email: email@example.com
About Jemimah Ashleigh
Jemimah Ashleigh is the Creative Director of Tangs Design, is a social media practitioner and will be releasing her first book in 2018. This criminal-investigator-come-jeweller is passionate about breaking through the many myths and misconceptions about being an entrepreneur and thrives on helping other business owners on their journey.
- 5 ways to succeed as an entrepreneur in 2018 - 5 December 2017
- 5 social media tips to prepare your business for the holiday season - 10 October 2017
- The Business Experiment podcast hits almost 60 countries - 5 October 2017
- New ebook helps business owners to avoid mistakes of business women past - 4 October 2017
- What makes millennials tick? Jemimah Ashleigh joins panel at Women World Changers - 12 September 2017
- Millennial ambition in the corporate world: Shevonne Joyce joins panel at Women World Changers - 12 September 2017
- Forever Bridal & Formal leading fight against online retailers - 30 August 2017
- Local homewares business declares War on Waste with reusable cup and bottle drive - 21 August 2017
- Program launches to help women through divorce or separation - 14 August 2017
- Enrolment opens for revolutionary healing modality - 10 August 2017