The gravitas of the upcoming Budget has encouraged Sydney accounting firm, Baskin Clarke Priest, to present The Federal Budget Unpacked, a free webinar supporting tax professionals and businesses, to help them break down the Federal Budget and what it means for individual tax payers and businesses across Australia.
This webinar will be presented by:
- Vanessa Priest (Tax Director at Baskin Clarke Priest, ATO COVID-19 Stimulus & Member Support Committee Member, The Tax Institute NSW State Council Member),
- Kirsty McDonnell (fellow Tax Director at Baskin Clarke Priest) ; and
- Special guest Dr Isaac Gross, Economics Lecturer at Monash University & Media Commentator & Contributor to The Conversation.
According to Vanessa, “Facing the highest budget deficit since World War II, this Federal Budget will unveil the Government’s plan to pull the nation out of its first recession in nearly 30 years.”
Preliminary insights indicate that there will be initiatives around tax cuts, superannuation reform, and infrastructure spending, so understanding how these initiatives will impact individuals and businesses will be vital.
Vanessa adds; “We have also had 2 announcements from the Treasurer regarding some FBT changes and an expansion of access to small business concessions. Additionally, there has been press coverage about the Budget potentially introducing some loss carry back concessions, which NZ had announced back in May of this year.“
This special event will deliver a comprehensive and practical webinar where the hosts delve into the details of the Budget and explore how these measures will affect individual tax payers and businesses, so all relevant parties know how to move forward this financial year and beyond.
- The Webinar: The Federal Budget Unpacked
- When: Wednesday 7 October
- Time: 12pm-1.30pm AEST
- Where: Comfort Of Your Own PC
- Cost: Free