Set in present day Melbourne, the book is a seductive love story about Steven, a dynamic marketing man, Jewish but not religious, and Frances, a middle-aged practising Catholic woman who lives in the Dandenong Ranges.
When Steven begins developing a new business strategy for an established chain of Church-run op-shops, he quickly forms a strong working relationship with Frances, one of its board members.
Frances lives a life shaped by nature, her religion and the seasons. It provides her with contentment and a deep spiritual dimension.
The bedrock of their growing bond is the conversations they engage in as they learn more about each other through religion, history and the relationships that have defined them.
Both Steven and Frances maintain a steady control on their relationship with Frances experiencing a sexual awakening and Steven finding himself increasingly at odds with her deep spirituality.
Even as their relationship becomes more and more intense, their time together is heading towards an unexpected and dramatic finish.
Edited reviews include:
“Tantalising from the opening pages, Mendelson invites the reader to step into the worlds of Steven, Frances and Eliyahu on a glorious summer’s day and journey with them through intertwined seasons of life and love.”
Chris McGuigan, The Kensington Review
“A very Melbourne love story. Steven and Frances are surprised by love, friendship and sexual exploration in their middle years…”
Victoria Steggall, Historian and Writer
“…Love can take many forms, and Steven and Frances thrown together by chance, share an intimate journey that challenges them to discover and confront aspects of themselves.”
Addison Russell, Author of The Invisible Journey
The book is available from www.mendelsonbooks.com.au and from good book stores for a RRP of $24.95.
Wendy McWilliams, Managing Director, WMC Public Relations Pty Limited. Tel: 03 9803 2588 / 0421 364 665.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org If you need to contact Roger urgently, call 0438 906 181.
High res images of the book’s cover can be downloaded from www.wmcpr.com.au/press-office
- Survey shows preference for casual employment - 26 May 2017
- Eliyahu’s Mistress a Tantalising Love Story Perfect for Mother’s Day - 18 April 2017
- Perfect Valentine Gift-a Love Story! - 30 January 2017
- Eliyahu’s Mistress book - 30 January 2017
- UTRC can employ Stawell Gold Mine’s new unemployed workers - 15 December 2016
- New premium Aussie toddler formula Nutrico avoids harmful artificial sweeteners - 10 October 2016
- Two giants in one place: photo opp at Melbourne Central from 12 October - 10 October 2016
- Successful school dropout attracts billionaire business brain Brad Sugars - 15 August 2016
- Woman CEO appointed at Melbourne manufacturer Setec - 5 August 2016
- Aussie Low Carb Cookbook Wins International Award - 11 July 2016