Global Money Week is an initiative aiming to reach 100 million children and youth in 100 countries, to increase their level of financial literacy. Supported by the Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia (MFAA), regional events and activities will inspire children and youth to learn about money, savings and how economies work.
School children from across Mornington Peninsula will be visited by accredited mortgage and finance broker Carl Violeta during the week. Carl will deliver free kid-friendly talks about financial literacy, how to make smart money decisions and how learning skills can help kids earn money.
“As a husband and wife business we understand the pressures on parents, and the challenges in helping young children set good habits when it comes to money. We are always talking with families who are looking to inspire smart spending and saving habits with their kids. We’re really excited about helping children and teens understand how to handle money with confidence and consideration,” said Carl.
Carl added that Global Money Week enables them to share useful, easy to understand tips with kids to they can continue the conversation at home and set life-long money management skills.
Violeta Finance will continue to be available for free 20 minute talk to schools and youth centred groups beyond Global Money Week. Additionally, Carl’s popular on-line Ask Carl videos recently recorded a Kids Edition with local Junior Reporters talking to him about money.
‘Businesses like Violeta Finance believe in the importance of increasing financial literacy among children, to help them make better life decisions after completing school, said Mike Felton, MFAA CEO.
“This initiative provides an opportunity to give back to local schools or community groups, and pass on some of their finance expertise,” he said.
Violeta Finance are available for free kids talks by contacting email@example.com and the Ask Carl Junior Kids Edition can be seen after Monday 27 March on https://www.facebook.com/violetafinance/
Contact: Andrea Rowe, Mob 0409 965 552 firstname.lastname@example.org Photo opportunities available
Violeta Finance is a trusted and family-focussed Mornington Peninsula Finance and Mortgage broker. Established in 2014, they were also finalists in the 2016 Australian Mortgage Awards www.violetafinance.com.au
- Report highlights need for media literacy among Australian kids - 20 November 2017
- Kids shape the future of media and news in Australia - 10 November 2017
- Water Warriors and AFL players take a mark for the environment - 17 October 2017
- Active outdoor quests for curious kids these holidays - 14 September 2017
- National Threatened Species Day – Young environmentalists inspire peers to protect and preserve - 28 August 2017
- Kids speak for the environment at national conference - 1 August 2017
- Junior Rangers ramble, climb, wander and explore nature - 15 June 2017
- The $20 note comes to life at Fed Square - 17 May 2017
- Honour your mother this Mother’s Day by supporting Aussie mums - 18 April 2017
- The Flying Doctor Selfie Challenge - 30 March 2017