“One in seven men* in their lifetime will be diagnosed, one in 27 will lose their lives to it and most of the time it’s because people aren’t talking about it, but Movember is changing that,” said Nicole van Hattem, the host of the Hot and Healthy Podcast. (where are the stats referenced from?)
Thousands of Aussie men are noticeably unshaven as moustaches have taken form on upper lips throughout November in support of prostate cancer research and treatment.
Nicole has come up with a unique, fun and playful way to tackle this sensitive subject. The Balls of Energy Book was created to encourage men to have some balls and to get involved in more open conversations about a serious issue.
“Balls of Energy is more than just a book. It is a useful resource and tool to help raise awareness about prostate cancer and other related men’s health issues,” continued Nicole.
Prostate cancer is the male equivalent of breast cancer and men have been supporting and fundraising for this cause for many years. “I wanted to give something back to the men of Australia; to show our appreciation and to help raise awareness and money for men’s health-related charities.”
To support Balls of Energy 50 contributors came together to support the cause and raise awareness. “The book is jam packed with 45 recipe balls of all shapes, sizes and flavours, and includes over 200 healthy success tips from former guests on the Hot and Healthy show.
Ten percent of the proceeds from the sales of the Balls of Energy book will be donated to several men’s charities across Australia.
“Men don’t tend to engage in serious health conversations, but Balls of Energy is a great place to start,” says Jeff Gough, Cognitive Educator, Psychological Researcher, Men’s Health and Suicide Advocate who provided the Men’s Health forward for the book.
The book can be ordered from: www.nicolevanhattem.com/ballsofenergy
Nicole, already a three times bestselling author and TEDx speaker is leading the way with her new media podcasting and her popular show Hot and Healthy already has over 40,000 downloads, creating a platform to encourage open conversations about healthy success for men and women.
- Aussie Author To Be Featured In Hollywood - 19 February 2018
- Author Uses Childhood Pain To Help Other Women Heal - 19 February 2018
- Innovative DIY visa platform for couples who have fallen in love - 16 February 2018
- Rehabilitated Dog Helps Other Dogs to Behave - 13 February 2018
- Innovative DIY visa platform for couples who have fallen in love - 13 February 2018
- Partner Visa Costs Driving Couples Into Debt - 12 February 2018
- How Grief Drove Michelle To Create Positive Changes - 8 February 2018
- CopyCon Sponsorship Adds Up For Xero - 8 February 2018
- Local Community Back Australian Artist’s Book Dream - 7 February 2018
- New Concept Making An Impression In The Wedding Industry - 6 February 2018