“One in seven men* in their lifetime will be diagnosed, one in 27 will lose their lives to it and most of the time it’s because people aren’t talking about it, but Movember is changing that,” said Nicole van Hattem, the host of the Hot and Healthy Podcast. (where are the stats referenced from?)
Thousands of Aussie men are noticeably unshaven as moustaches have taken form on upper lips throughout November in support of prostate cancer research and treatment.
Nicole has come up with a unique, fun and playful way to tackle this sensitive subject. The Balls of Energy Book was created to encourage men to have some balls and to get involved in more open conversations about a serious issue.
“Balls of Energy is more than just a book. It is a useful resource and tool to help raise awareness about prostate cancer and other related men’s health issues,” continued Nicole.
Prostate cancer is the male equivalent of breast cancer and men have been supporting and fundraising for this cause for many years. “I wanted to give something back to the men of Australia; to show our appreciation and to help raise awareness and money for men’s health-related charities.”
To support Balls of Energy 50 contributors came together to support the cause and raise awareness. “The book is jam packed with 45 recipe balls of all shapes, sizes and flavours, and includes over 200 healthy success tips from former guests on the Hot and Healthy show.
Ten percent of the proceeds from the sales of the Balls of Energy book will be donated to several men’s charities across Australia.
“Men don’t tend to engage in serious health conversations, but Balls of Energy is a great place to start,” says Jeff Gough, Cognitive Educator, Psychological Researcher, Men’s Health and Suicide Advocate who provided the Men’s Health forward for the book.
The book can be ordered from: www.nicolevanhattem.com/ballsofenergy
Nicole, already a three times bestselling author and TEDx speaker is leading the way with her new media podcasting and her popular show Hot and Healthy already has over 40,000 downloads, creating a platform to encourage open conversations about healthy success for men and women.
- A Bikini Body Doesn’t Lead To Happiness; Women Need To Love Themselves Healthy - 13 December 2017
- New Book Sheds Light On Turning Clutter Into Cash - 8 December 2017
- Innovative Awareness Tool Aims to Help Change The Face Of Men’s Health - 1 December 2017
- From Book Worm To Multi International Award Winner - 24 November 2017
- AUSSIE BUSINESS WOMEN DOMINATE INTERNATIONAL AWARDS IN NEW YORK - 24 November 2017
- Resilience – the ability to overcome challenges and turn them into opportunities - 22 November 2017
- Toowoomba Woman Scooped Lawyer of the Year Award - 16 November 2017
- A lady with balls leads the way with men’s health to support Movember - 13 November 2017
- Aussie woman could scoop 4 international awards in London and New York - 27 October 2017
- 11 Spring Cleaning Hacks - 17 October 2017