With writer Vicki Steggall, Kathleen has written a book about her journey and insight into how powerful advocacy, family support, determination and gratitude can help deliver better health outcomes.
Her book, Standing Up! My Story of Hope, Advocacy & Survival after Stroke, will not only give hope to other stroke survivors and their loved ones, but anyone who has experienced major trauma, particularly by families who are feeling under-supported by medical limitations.
Kathleen was a successful businesswoman and international leadership coach running her own business and a 16-year board member of the Bionics Institute until she suffered a massive stroke in 2011.
In her book she shares many inspirational strategies for people suffering any trauma including a stroke, on how to help get through them.
Kathleen is an inspiration and the strategies she recommends in her book will make a significant contribution to achieving resilience and happiness through reframing issues and being grateful for life, for anyone suffering a trauma of any kind.
Quote: “There are numerous lessons for every reader in this accessible, emotional and raw story of triumph over adversity. Kathleen is a heroine and her story must be read,” Professor James Angus AO, President, National Stroke Foundation
- Industry leader’s new book highlights need for renewed child focus - 17 November 2017
- Louise Dunham Leading authority in-home childcare industry (eg nannies, au pairs, etc.) - 17 November 2017
- State of the Nanny (book) - 17 November 2017
- Raw truth provides inspiration for anyone suffering a major trauma - 28 August 2017
- Inspirational stroke survivor writes book that will help others | National Stroke Week, 4-10 September - 21 August 2017
- Survey shows preference for casual employment - 10 July 2017
- Beware of headlines promising lower electricity prices - 21 June 2017
- Rod Boyte expert on Energy and electricity pricing and issues nationally - 21 June 2017
- Unique Hi-Fi & AV Show for lovers of hip-hop to classical and everything in between - 21 June 2017
- Survey shows preference for casual employment - 26 May 2017