Allis will host a yoga class on Saturday 2 September as part of the national fundraiser to help women access basic sanitary items they would otherwise go without. Hundreds of yoga classes will be held nationwide at 8am on the first weekend of Spring. The goal is to have 48,000 participants – one for every homeless woman in Australia. Yoga teachers and participants are encouraged to register to participate at www.sharethedignity.com.au/yoga4dignity.
Speaking on the charity event, Allis said: “Yoga has been transformative for me, it has helped me grow as a person, be empowered and feel the healthiest and strongest I have ever felt.
“I cannot think of a better way to unite Australians to raise funds and demonstrate our support for the many women and girls who are doing it tough. I am thrilled to be part of this event.”
Proceeds from Yoga4Dignity will go towards installing more ‘dignity vending machines’ in low-socioeconomic areas and schools. In an Australian first, the machines dispense a free ‘period pack’ containing two pads and six tampons – enough to manage one day of menstrual flow. Packs will be dispensed through the touch of a button up to every ten minutes. Each vending machine costs $9,000 to create and install. The goal of Yoga4Dignity is to raise enough funds to install a further 100 or more machines nationwide.
Share the Dignity founder, Rochelle Courtney commented on the charity and its inaugural yoga event: “Our mission is to enable and empower all Australian women and children to have the dignity they deserve.
“We are thrilled to have Janine onboard as an ambassador given her position as a role model for so many women and girls.”
To book a spot at Janine’s class in Melbourne, or your local event, go to www.sharethedignity.com.au/yoga4dignity.
For Further information please contact
Founder – Share the Dignity
0488 132 774
- 105,000 acts of Kindness from Australians this Christmas help to Share the Dignity - 13 December 2017
- JANINE ALLIS GIVES WOMEN IN NEED A BOOST THROUGH YOGA - 21 August 2017
- JANINE ALLIS GIVES WOMEN IN NEED A BOOST THROUGH YOGA - 7 August 2017
- Major funding boost to Share the Dignity - 28 July 2017
- Australian-first vending machines to provide dignity to those in need - 18 July 2017
- Share the Dignity commences sanitary product donation drive - 18 July 2017
- Share the Dignity – Telstra Charity of the year Finalist - 3 July 2017