Nicole van Hattem, the host of the Hot and Healthy Podcast, has come up with a unique and playful way to tackle the sensitive subject and to raise a conversation, from women to men, about having balls.
Having been a trail blazer in the middle-east in terms of holistic health and participating in several breast cancer fundraiser awareness campaigns, Nicole recognised a gap in the conversation; no one was talking about balls.
“Everyone wants to talk about boobs and how fantastic they are, but no one wants to talk about balls, and in my book, Balls of Energy, I’ve created a fun and delicious way to raise awareness, and money, for a very important cause.”
Never one to sit on her hands, Nicole used her popular podcast and guests to create a book that helps both men and women talk about health issues openly.
“Men don’t tend to engage in serious health conversations”, says Jeff Gough, Cognitive Educator, Psychological Researcher, Men’s Health and Suicide Advocate who provided the Men’s Health forward for the book.
“To get more men engaged, the conversation need to be simple, to the point, non-threatening and a bit on the humorous side. I think the Balls of Energy recipe book is a great place to start.”
“To support Balls of Energy, 50 contributors, and guests of the Hot and Healthy Podcast, came together to support the cause and raise awareness.
“The book is jam packed with 45 recipe balls of all shapes, sizes, and flavours and includes over 200 healthy success tips from guests on the Hot and Healthy show,” said Nicole.
Nicole, already a three times bestselling author and TEDx speaker is leading the way with her new media podcasting and her popular show Hot and Healthy already has over 40,000 downloads, creating a platform to encourage open conversations about healthy success for men and women. Ten percent of the proceeds from sales of the Balls of Energy book, will be donated to several men’s charities across Australia.
The book can be pre-ordered from: www.nicolevanhattem.com/balls
- Resilience – the ability to overcome challenges and turn them into opportunities - 22 November 2017
- Toowoomba Woman Scooped Lawyer of the Year Award - 16 November 2017
- A lady with balls leads the way with men’s health to support Movember - 13 November 2017
- Aussie woman could scoop 4 international awards in London and New York - 27 October 2017
- 11 Spring Cleaning Hacks - 17 October 2017
- Best Time To Spruce Up For Owner Occupier To Capitalise On Equity - 11 October 2017
- Same Sex Marriage Could Boost The Australian Economy - 11 October 2017
- Steve Doing A Bradbury In Logan: Supporting Local Businesses At Expo - 11 October 2017
- Steve Doing A Bradbury In Logan: Supporting Local Businesses At Expo - 10 October 2017
- Overwhelm is the scourge of the 21st century - 5 October 2017