Entrepreneur, social media practitioner and the founder of Tang’s Design and Epic Social, Jemimah Ashleigh, will explore what makes millennials tick as part of a panel at the Women World Changers one-day leadership summit in Melbourne on 9 October. Hosted by The Growth Faculty, Women World Changers addresses diversity, talent, culture and economics and is headlined by Valerie Jarrett, Senior Advisor to President Barack Obama and Australia’s longest serving Sex Discrimination Commissioner, Elizabeth Broderick.
Ms Ashleigh will be joined by Creative Producer and Storyteller, Alia Gabres, for a panel discussion about millennial ambition and harnessing it for growth. Understanding millennials is integral to companies across numerous industries given this hyper-connected, tech savvy generation will make up 75 per cent of the workforce by 2030.
“Employers need to understand how to make the workplace attractive to millennials. The 9am to 5pm grind isn’t going to be enough. What appeals to them isn’t going to appeal to you or the generations before,” said Ms Ashleigh.
“Above all else, millennials want flexibility and workplaces need to cater for this or face losing quality employees in the long-term.”
Ms Ashleigh added: “Millennials are also dominating social media and this is something employers can and really need to tap into. Millennials know how social media works and they have everything they could ever need in their pocket to start a business.
“They are ahead of business owners. They are ahead of the CEOs and they know more. We can watch them and learn more about trends and what social media platforms are hot.”
Held in both Melbourne and Sydney, Women World Changers is attended by Australia’s top business executives, government and community leaders, both male and female. The leadership summit will cover the most critical leadership requirements for success in leading and managing Australia’s workforce of the future.
Registration to Women World Changers is currently open: http://bit.ly/2f5J6yp
About Jemimah Ashleigh
Jemimah Ashleigh is the Creative Director of Tangs Design and is the founder of Epic Social. This enforcement intelligence officer come jeweller and comedian is passionate about breaking through the many myths and misconceptions about being an entrepreneur. Jemimah worked for the Australian Federal Police (AFP) for over a decade as a criminal intelligence analyst all over the world. In 2015, Jemimah experienced her first encounter with anxiety. Her first panic attack was an experience that sent her into depression with a challenging journey back to good health. The experience equipped Jemimah with coping skills that she incorporates into her busy life, including a major focus on self-care.
About The Growth Faculty
The Growth Faculty, a leading provider of world-class education for entrepreneurs and executives of dynamic Australian companies. We provide access to the world’s greatest business minds and offer highly effective tools and programs to help drive growth, and address relevant issues facing business today and into the future.
- Female luxury travel becoming increasingly popular in 2018 - 12 February 2018
- Arwen Bardsley – Wellbeing Practitioner - 11 January 2018
- 5 ways to succeed as an entrepreneur in 2018 - 5 December 2017
- 5 social media tips to prepare your business for the holiday season - 10 October 2017
- The Business Experiment podcast hits almost 60 countries - 5 October 2017
- New ebook helps business owners to avoid mistakes of business women past - 4 October 2017
- What makes millennials tick? Jemimah Ashleigh joins panel at Women World Changers - 12 September 2017
- Millennial ambition in the corporate world: Shevonne Joyce joins panel at Women World Changers - 12 September 2017
- Forever Bridal & Formal leading fight against online retailers - 30 August 2017
- Local homewares business declares War on Waste with reusable cup and bottle drive - 21 August 2017