Combined, this presents some great opportunities to gain media exposure, so here are our top 10 ideas to get you a foot in the media door this month.
- Daffodils are the flower symbol of March.
- The zodiac signs for March are Aries (March 21 – April 19) and Pisces (February 19 – March 20).
- The March birthstone is Aquamarine.
10 Release ideas for March:
- Easter – This year Easter falls early on March 27, and the coming weeks will see a flurry of media attention on this holiday. For business, this presents a number of opportunities including recipes for easy Easter entertaining, DIY Easter egg ideas, healthy options and also focusing on the different traditions and celebrations surrounding this event.
- School holidays – The clock is steadily counting down to the end of first term, making this the time to send out any activity-style releases and media alerts for the holidays.
- Travel – Traditionally the Easter holiday is one where people take to the road for a quick break or family getaway, so now is the time for some great travel ideas including destination overviews and tips for road trips. In coastal areas Easter is a prime time for boating and fishing, making this good content for regional papers and online outlets.
- Safety – Holidays and travel present the opportunity to discuss safety, whether that’s in the home, on the road or on the water. Safety checklists make great media releases along with tips and reminders.
- International Women’s Day – March 8 is International Women’s Day, celebrating the achievements of women. It’s a solid opportunity to profile a successful female staff member or business owner, including tips they may have on attaining a work/life balance.
- International Day of Happiness – We all seek it but how do you get it? If you have advice or any tips in your field of expertise about attaining happiness through topics like exercise, relaxation, health, budgeting or relationships then International Day of Happiness on March 20 is a good time to get them out.
- Winter – Autumn is now here and winter is fast approaching so now is the time for releases relating to winter fashion, recipes and home ideas for the print media’s June and July editions.
- Health and fitness –Health and fitness are always hot topics, but the media has been calling out for more content in recent months. If this is your area of expertise, jump to it and get writing!
- Business budgeting – Tax time is a-comin’. This means it’s timely for articles about business budgets and end of financial year business investments.
- Top 5s – Quick tips in your area of expertise are a great way to get your message out while offering something to the public, so write down your top 5 tips and create a release.
Tip of the month:
What’s in it for the reader – Great media releases offer something for the reader, providing new information, an event, advice or expertise, so consider this when you plan your releases.
We look forward to seeing you in the media over the coming weeks, and should you like some further industry insight, check out the PR Media and Marketing Companion here for tips, tools and media release templates.