A family favourite for 50 years, there’s a Mr. Men Little Miss character (or two!) inside us all, with a diverse cast of over 90 beloved characters to discover. For the first time ever, the general public will be able to decide the next characters to be turned into classic Mr. Men Little Miss books. We all have a multitude of different personality traits and with a diverse cast of over 90 characters to choose from, now is the time to Discover You.
Fans can vote for their favourite here: www.mrmen.com: Voting closes on the 31st March, with the winners announced later in the year.
Mr.Calm – Mr. Calm has a very peaceful and easy-going outlook on life. He appreciates the simple pleasures, including spending time in nature and practicing yoga, but he also loves rock climbing and parkour when he’s in the great outdoors. His relaxed and tolerant perspective means that he is a calming influence and a wise head.
Little Miss Kind – Little Miss Kind is a thoughtful and loving person. She is considerate to animals and the world around her. She is intelligent and her kind nature is underpinned by the belief that it’s important to think of others and not just yourself. She is a great friend that supports those in need, but she can stand up for herself and what she believes in.
Little Miss Brave – Little Miss Brave stands up for what she believes in. She is not afraid to speak out and is fearless when championing things close to her heart, including her friends. Her bravery is an inner strength and confidence which enables her to try new things, challenge expectations and inspire others to be the best they can be.
Little Miss Energy – Little Miss Energy always throws herself wholeheartedly into whatever she does. She has lots of different interests and hobbies and is always the first to say yes to any plane, whether it’s climbing a mountain or making a mural. Her enthusiasm for life is infectious and her positive outlook and willingness to try new things mean that she is never bored.
Mr. Brilliant – Mr. Brilliant loves being creative. He is always full of ideas and enjoys sketching, painting and making things. His ability to look at things differently helps his friends to see the world in a new way. He brings much joy through his limitless imagination and gives others the confidence to embrace their own creativity.
Whether you have an inner sense of zen like Mr. Calm, are always putting others first like Little Miss Kind, have the heart of a lion like Little Miss Brave, have a can-do attitude like Mr. Brilliant or are full of zest like little Miss Energy, there’s a part of a character inside everyone, so head online to Discover You and vote for your favourites.
Alastair McHarrie, Sanrio Licensing Director, comments: “The Mr. Men Little Miss 50th Anniversary in 2021 provides an opportunity to reflect on the role the brand has played for many generations of kids and adults across the world. Our celebrations will lead with two new characters chosen by our fans joining our family of well-loved characters and we can’t wait to see which 2 are chosen.”
When the late Roger Hargreaves created the Mr. Men character, Mr. Tickle, in 1971, the book went on to sell a million copies in just three years. Adam Hargreaves, son of the original creator adds: “It’s amazing to see people are still connecting to the books after 50 years, they have always been about getting people to relate with the unique characters and identify the different traits of their own personalities, so it’s great to involve the fans and let them help shape the next 50 years of Mr. Men.”
About Mr Men. Little Miss
With a cast of over 90 characters the Mr. Men and Little Miss have brought fun and laughter to generations of families for over 50 years.
- Currently one Mr. Men and Little Miss book is sold every 2.5 seconds worldwide, and lifetime sales total 250 million books.
- Mr. Men Little Miss books are published in 17 languages worldwide
- It seems Girl Power rules in Australia, with the top selling books for 2020 including Little Miss Sunshine and Little Miss Hug!
- Founded by the late Roger Hargreaves the series was created in 1971 starting with Mr. Tickle, turning 50 in 2021
- Roger Hargreaves died in 1988, aged 53, his son, Adam Hargreaves continued the business writing and drawing the Mr. Men Little Miss books
- The first Mr. Men book, Mr. Tickle, was rejected by all the big publishers in the UK, before being published by Fabbri book in 1971 The largest European growth markets are Greece and Israel, which have seen year on year sales double since 2017 and double sales figures since 2018 retrospectively
- China is predicted to expand the Mr. Men Little Miss business with the 25% market share following doubling year on year sales
Follow the characters on social media for the latest news
For more information, images or to speak to Mr. Men Little Miss please contact:
Tamara Jenkins, Esencia Communications