I have to say thank you to Linda, the Media Connections Team and the brainstorming community. Recently I had some fantastic photos of fungi, I wasn’t quite sure what a great angle for the media could be though. One post in the Media Connections Brainstorming group and I have a number of great angles and my media release was born. Posted onto the website with great images, I also set to work in arranging a media event.
From the ideas I used, in the last 3 weeks I have enjoyed coverage on both ABC and Southern Cross evening news (both local), ABC Online have created a facebook video using their footage that has been viewed over 107,000 times and just created a follow up article online. I have been interviewed on ABC Radio 3 times, both in studio and via phone call. I have had a full page article in our local newspaper The Gazette, and great coverage in The Mercury, with a feature article currently being worked on.
All of the above coverage has seen our business, a cafe in our National Park, booming. The connections I have made with the journalists are now also leading to many more stories. My media releases are also now seen as a valuable email to read by these journalists.
I can’t thank you all enough – it’s wonderful to know that small businesses like ours can have such a strong voice by cutting straight through to the journalists through Media Connections.
Waterfalls Cafe & Gallery
Mt Field National Park, Tasmania
- 10 Media and Press Release Ideas December 2017 - 27 November 2017
- Multiple Media Wins from the One Idea for Rachel - 14 July 2017
- Interviews and Co-Authorship success for Rebecca - 12 December 2016
- Success for Esencia Communications - 11 December 2016
- Belgrin thinks Media Connections is a fabulous tool - 11 December 2016
- Radio Coverage and more for Property Friends - 11 December 2016
- Lauren Clemett - 6 April 2016
- Sarah Cannata - 5 April 2016
- Annette Densham - 4 April 2016
- Prudence Hayes – Davidson Corporate - 16 February 2016