Despite this occurrence, ADHD receives little noise in the public domain. As a result, parents and educators are given limited support or training on how to best help their child or the children they work with.
The system is evidently failing so many families and they are falling through the cracks. Early diagnosis can help with better management of ADHD but it still leaves thousands of Australian families in limbo not knowing where to turn for help and support.
Unfortunately, those families with children who have demand avoidance or demand avoidant behaviour are given even less support.
Renowned ADHD experts, Rebecca Perkins and Christina Keeble are about to fill this void and share knowledge as they set off on their first ever national seminar tour. Having both been diagnosed with ADHD and both having kids with the condition, they are able share their personal experiences too.
Following the huge success of their sell-out 2019 seminar series across regional Victorian, this talented duo received an incredible number of requests from people all over the country asking to run similar seminars in their towns or cities.
Ms Perkins and Ms Keeble have got this status through their own journeys navigating the ADHD maze. They hope that this seminar series will educate and empower families and educators so they can offer better support to these children with ADHD.
“These Seminars will endeavour to provide the much-needed training to parents and educators. Each Seminar will give valuable information and strategies that will change their lives and the lives of the children,” says Ms Perkins.
Tour dates include:
- Murray Bridge, SA – Saturday 14th March
- Adelaide, SA – Sunday 15th March
- Geelong, VIC – Saturday 18th April
- Frankston, VIC – Saturday 23rd April
- Ballarat, VIC – Sunday 24th April
- Katherine, NT – Saturday 20th June
- Darwin, NT – Sunday 21st June
- Gold Coast, QLD – Saturday 12th September
- Toowoomba, QLD – Sunday 13th September
- Townsville, QLD – Saturday 26th September
- Mackay, QLD – Sunday 27th September
- Newcastle, NSW – Saturday 24th October
- Wollongong, NSW – Sunday 25th October
- Bunbury, WA – Saturday 7th November
- Perth, WA – Sunday 8th November
- Hobart, TAS – Saturday 28th November
- Launceston, TAS – Sunday 29th November
Seminars will run from 10am-3pm at each destination. Ticket prices start from $47. For more information or to purchase your tickets, visit https://www.myspecialchildonline.com/adhd-demand-avoidance-national-tour/