Briohny Westbrook was in that place that all parents dread – her child had stopped breathing. “Poppy suddenly became really sick in my arms, pale, floppy and unconscious. Fortunately being an emergency nurse Briohny was able to get through that dreaded situation and Poppy is alive and well today”, she explains. However, after that experience, Briohny thought, “imagine that was another parent, would they know what to do?” And the idea for the first CPR Challenge was born in 2015.
Now in its third year, the event will join the Kids Day Out at Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre on Good Friday April 14th! Supporting the Royal Children’s Hospital’s Good Friday appeal, the event kicks off as a Family Fun Day which is FREE for the kids to attend.
During this time, Briohny and her KidzAid team will be powering through CPR Training with parents, carers and grandparents alike.
Briohy says, “Every year, children in our community die due to delays with the beginning of CPR (within the first five minutes often holds the key to survival). We need more people of all ages who have the training to be able to jump in until professional help can arrive and give our kids a fighting chance of life, hence the reasoning behind our event.”
Powered by KidzAid Paediatric First Aid Training, this fantastic event will be held from 10AM to 5PM at Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC).
Parents, grandparents and caregivers are encouraged to register for challenge here: www.cprchallenge.com.au
“15 mins of your time could be the most valuable time you give and save a child’s life.” Brionhy says and she is challenging YOU to take the challenge this Good Friday!
All proceeds raised for the CPR Challenge world record attempt will be donated to the Royal Children’s Hospital Good Friday Appeal
Briohny is a Mum on a mission, to share skills that will save a child’s life while helping the Royal Children’s Hospital do the same.
For more information or to arrange an interview please contact:
Linda Reed-Enever at email@example.com (0433149319) or Brionhy Westbrook firstname.lastname@example.org (0402440522)
- Rural Resources Founder Brigid Price – Finalist in the QRRRWN Strong Women her contributions to Rural Life - 18 September 2017
- 5 Reasons business fail and what you can do to avoid it - 14 September 2017
- Clive Enever is the Business Mentor – helping business owners achieve their goals and get their life back! - 11 September 2017
- Business Business Business grows to 20,000 members and launches a 15K business boost competition to celebrate. - 31 August 2017
- Available for interview – Business Builder and Cash Flow Expert, Jan Reeves - 31 August 2017
- New website a fresh voice for Rural Australia - 21 July 2017
- Rural Resources Online urges farmers to sow the seeds of safety during Farm Safety Week - 17 July 2017
- Linda Reed-Enever the PR and marketing “go-to” girl named among Australia’s top 10 women entrepreneurs - 14 July 2017
- Enjoy delicious recipes courtesy of Family Capers - 8 July 2017
- Workplace Health and Safety Plans for Farms are Not New but Necessary - 6 July 2017