Briohny Westbrook was in that place that all parents dread – her child had stopped breathing. “Poppy suddenly became really sick in my arms, pale, floppy and unconscious. Fortunately being an emergency nurse Briohny was able to get through that dreaded situation and Poppy is alive and well today”, she explains. However, after that experience, Briohny thought, “imagine that was another parent, would they know what to do?” And the idea for the first CPR Challenge was born in 2015.
Now in its third year, the event will join the Kids Day Out at Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre on Good Friday April 14th! Supporting the Royal Children’s Hospital’s Good Friday appeal, the event kicks off as a Family Fun Day which is FREE for the kids to attend.
During this time, Briohny and her KidzAid team will be powering through CPR Training with parents, carers and grandparents alike.
Briohy says, “Every year, children in our community die due to delays with the beginning of CPR (within the first five minutes often holds the key to survival). We need more people of all ages who have the training to be able to jump in until professional help can arrive and give our kids a fighting chance of life, hence the reasoning behind our event.”
Powered by KidzAid Paediatric First Aid Training, this fantastic event will be held from 10AM to 5PM at Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC).
Parents, grandparents and caregivers are encouraged to register for challenge here: www.cprchallenge.com.au
“15 mins of your time could be the most valuable time you give and save a child’s life.” Brionhy says and she is challenging YOU to take the challenge this Good Friday!
All proceeds raised for the CPR Challenge world record attempt will be donated to the Royal Children’s Hospital Good Friday Appeal
Briohny is a Mum on a mission, to share skills that will save a child’s life while helping the Royal Children’s Hospital do the same.
For more information or to arrange an interview please contact:
Linda Reed-Enever at firstname.lastname@example.org (0433149319) or Brionhy Westbrook email@example.com (0402440522)
- One mother’s mission raise money and share skills to save a child’s life! - 21 March 2017
- Five tips for coaches to attract clients to their business - 20 March 2017
- Would you know what to do if your child stopped breathing? - 14 March 2017
- Clive Enever founder of the Coaching Circle shares his tips on finding a Coach for your business - 14 March 2017
- Kangaroo Flat Storage nominated as Best New Business in the Bendigo Business Excellence Awards - 24 February 2017
- “WITHOUT A RIBBON” 2017 Gala Dinner raises funds to support people who are fighting rare cancer alone - 24 February 2017
- Business Business Business makes the top 50 in Australia’s Top 50 Influencer Awards - 16 February 2017
- Petcarers, Quality Loving Pet Care when you can’t be there has been nominated again for the Bendigo Business Excellence Awards - 6 February 2017
- Successful Coach Takes Business Owners on Goal Setting Plan in Live Webinar - 23 January 2017
- Five reasons to have a business coach in your corner this year - 23 January 2017