Sarah Cannata is the founding editor of This Woman Can, an online newshub and digital magazine that helps young people and women to realise and maximise their career and life potential. We do so by allowing women to connect in a safe, online environment and to share their stories and experiences – both the good and bad ones.
“We’re committed to finding new and authentic voices and publishing stories that empower women of all ages and backgrounds to believe that anything is possible and that they can change their future.” Sarah says
Sarah’s mission is to enable our readers to tap into their collective power so that they can help one another to realise their dreams and discuss their fears in a supportive environment where they can get the help they need to create the future they deserve.
Sarah founded This Woman Can when it became clear to Sarah she had hit rock-bottom in her own career after a supposedly dream job quickly turned sour.
That experience saw her confidence take a huge hit as she tried to start her own professional writing business.
This led her on a search for information and resources that could help her to survive and thrive despite the challenging situation she faced. It was a real struggle to find voices and people that Sarah could relate to, which inspired her to create that very platform for other women in This Woman Can.
Though This Woman Can Sarah is filling that gap she found and creating a space for girls and women to feel supported and empowered in career and life, no matter what that means to them. Not only is Sarah a voice for women, she has created the platform for women to share their own.
Sarah is a trained journalist, a professional writer and a Public Relations (PR) consultant. She’s been published in The Huffington Post, Mamamia, The Age, Women’s Agenda, Kochie’s Business Builders and so on. Since running her own business, Sarah has worked with a range of clients across a number of sectors such as the not-for-profit, digital marketing, health and fitness spaces and so on.
She is a passionate advocate for gender equality and enjoys writing about business, life and other thought-provoking topics. Sarah is also working on her first picture book, Willow Willpower, a young girl who dreams of becoming a pilot when she grows up.
- ALP inequality focus should include global inequality - 21 July 2017
- Australia’s #1 bridal magazine presents The Melbourne Wedding & Bride Bridal Expo - 21 July 2017
- Writer and Journalist Sarah Cannata signs global agreement with blOOturtle Publishing - 19 July 2017
- Jemimah Ashleigh named one of My Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top 10 Women Entrepreneurs for 2017 - 14 July 2017
- Shevonne Joyce named one of My Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top 10 Women Entrepreneurs for 2017 - 14 July 2017
- Women’s publisher launches new website - 12 July 2017
- Jemimah Ashleigh – Creative Director, global podcast host, social media marketer - 11 July 2017
- Shevonne Joyce – business mentor, global podcast host and business personality - 11 July 2017
- Sarah Cannata – Founding editor of This Woman Can, Wordsmith, Journalist and PR Consultant - 5 July 2017
- The Business Experiment and Thankyou to host Brisbane party to launch Thankyou’s new and improved nappy in Brisbane and to officially unveil partnership - 28 June 2017