Sesame Workshop today launched Elmo’s #ShareTheLaughter Challenge, a social media campaign inspired by the kindness curriculum of Sesame Street’s 47th season. The centerpiece of a yearlong “Spread Kindness, Share the Laughter” initiative, this star-studded social campaign encourages viewers to tell their favorite jokes in short videos, post them online, and keep the fun going by tagging friends to do the same.
In the kickoff video, comedian Kate McKinnon shares a joke with Elmo and challenges Cookie Monster to make a video of his own. As the campaign unfolds, other celebrity participants will include:
- Musicians like recent Tony Award nominee Josh Groban, country singer Andy Grammer, rising pop star Alessia Cara, and singer-songwriter John Legend, who shares a story about making his daughter laugh.
- Film and television personalities like Top Chef’s Padma Lakshmi, Broad City’s Ilana Glazer, and Game of Thrones’ Kit Harington, Gwendoline Christie, and Sophie Turner.
- Olympic athletes like snowboarder Shaun White and alpine skier Lindsay Vonn.
…and many more still to come, as new videos from the Sesame Street Muppets roll out with fresh challenges each week through September 30th. Sesame Workshop’s content and distribution partners will also participate in the challenge with kindness- and laughter-themed posts.
“Families’ media habits are evolving, and as always, Sesame Workshop wants to meet kids and caregivers wherever they learn and play,” said Scott Chambers, Senior Vice President/General Manager, North America Media and Licensing. “Sharing jokes and laughter in social videos – with supervision, of course – is a hands-on way for kids and families to engage with our kindness curriculum as they move online.”
Throughout the campaign, Sesame Street’s social media channels will also spotlight vintage laughter-themed sketches and songs, Snapchat will debut an all-new Sesame-themed filter, and laughing “Elmoji” stickers will be available for download for iPhone and Android. All told, a combined 30+ million social media fans and followers are expected to #ShareTheLaughter with Elmo.
- SOVEREIGN HILL’S ‘A VICTORIAN SILHOUETTE’ FILM NAMED AS WINNER IN VAMFF 2018 FASHION FILM AWARD - 30 January 2018
- LIGHTS, CAMERA, POP! INTRODUCING COBS NEW MOVIE BUTTER POPCORN - 23 January 2018
- WELCOME IN THE ‘YEAR OF THE DOG’ AS SOVEREIGN HILL CELEBRATES CHINESE NEW YEAR - 22 January 2018
- Cobs Popcorn’s Americana range for giveaways - 11 January 2018
- Sovereign Hill CEO Steps Down - 22 December 2017
- Law and Order restored to Sovereign Hill these School Holidays - 13 December 2017
- SPREAD TRADITIONAL JOY WITH A CHRISTMAS SHOPPING NIGHT AT SOVEREIGN HILL - 29 November 2017
- SPREAD SOME MONSTER CHEER THIS YEAR WITH HEADSTART’S TOP CHRISTMAS TOYS FROM SESAME STREET - 8 November 2017
- Narmbool Gardens in Full Bloom on Open Day - 8 November 2017
- ONE OF AUSTRALIA’S OLDEST CHINESE DRAGONS REAWAKENS IN NEW GOLD MUSEUM EXHIBITION - 27 September 2017