Sovereign Hill Board President, Adrian Doyle, announced today that its long-serving CEO, Jeremy Johnson, will be leaving in mid-2018. Mr Johnson has been employed at Sovereign Hill since 1995 and has been CEO since 2002.
“Jeremy has indicated to the Board that he wishes to step down from this role in June, 2018,” Mr Doyle said. “This will enable a transition period to be developed by our Board and management while recruitment for his successor is undertaken.”
Mr Doyle paid tribute to the achievements of the organisation under Mr Johnson’s stewardship. “We have won the last four annual State Tourism Awards as Victoria’s Major Tourist Attraction and in February next year, we will be vying to win our third consecutive National Tourism Award in this category”, he said.
“Our annual visitation numbers and profits are at record levels and this has underpinned a very strong capital works program that continues to reinvent our internationally acclaimed outdoor museum. We are in a very strong financial position and look forward to our 50th Anniversary celebration in 2020.”
Mr Johnson is widely recognised for his contribution to the tourism sector in particular and to the wider community in general.
He was awarded an Honorary Doctorate by Federation University in 2011 for his services to business and in 2012, received the Victorian State Tourism Award for Outstanding Contribution by an Individual.
Mr Doyle said that an international reach recruitment campaign would be put in place to seek a replacement CEO.
“Jeremy is held in the highest esteem by all who know him as we wish his wife Anne and him every success for the future.”
- SOVEREIGN HILL’S ‘A VICTORIAN SILHOUETTE’ FILM NAMED AS WINNER IN VAMFF 2018 FASHION FILM AWARD - 30 January 2018
- LIGHTS, CAMERA, POP! INTRODUCING COBS NEW MOVIE BUTTER POPCORN - 23 January 2018
- WELCOME IN THE ‘YEAR OF THE DOG’ AS SOVEREIGN HILL CELEBRATES CHINESE NEW YEAR - 22 January 2018
- Cobs Popcorn’s Americana range for giveaways - 11 January 2018
- Sovereign Hill CEO Steps Down - 22 December 2017
- Law and Order restored to Sovereign Hill these School Holidays - 13 December 2017
- SPREAD TRADITIONAL JOY WITH A CHRISTMAS SHOPPING NIGHT AT SOVEREIGN HILL - 29 November 2017
- SPREAD SOME MONSTER CHEER THIS YEAR WITH HEADSTART’S TOP CHRISTMAS TOYS FROM SESAME STREET - 8 November 2017
- Narmbool Gardens in Full Bloom on Open Day - 8 November 2017
- ONE OF AUSTRALIA’S OLDEST CHINESE DRAGONS REAWAKENS IN NEW GOLD MUSEUM EXHIBITION - 27 September 2017