Olympian and Logan boy Steven Bradbury knows what it like to come from behind. He’s returning to his old stomping ground to inspire small businesses at the 2017 Logan Small Business Expo in November to be ready to seize opportunities.
Steve said small business is the backbone of Australia, we need more small businesses to flourish. “Competing against the world via the internet is not an easy task,” he said. “Doing it by yourself is almost impossible.
“You need the right support network to help you succeed”.
“If a speed skater from Logan can win Winter Olympic Gold than winning in small business in Logan is totally possible.”
Steve is one of the keynote speakers at the expo. He’ll be sharing the lessons he has learnt through his own custom speed skate and cycling shoe company.
The Logan Small Business Expo 2017, sponsored by Bartercard, has already over 120 Logan and other South East Queensland small businesses locked in for November 3 at Beenleigh Exhibition Hall, Beenleigh Showgrounds.
The brains behind the expo, Paula Brand is on a mission to bring small businesses together. The Logan Expo will be her fifth and she is responsible for connecting over 500 small businesses to each other and the community. “So many of us work from a home-based office or on the road,” she said.
“We don’t have shop fronts and big budgets. Expos are the perfect way for the local community to connect with some incredible small business people.”
Steve said it is important to have expos like the Logan one because small business people can often feel isolated. “These expos expand your network and open your business up to new opportunities to increase sales and knowledge,” he said.
“I grew up in Logan. I went to Springwood High School. I’m proud to call myself a Logan bogan; it is such a great place for families and businesses.”
The expo will be opened by the Hon Leeanne Enoch, Minister for Small Business Leeanne Enoch and Mayor Luke Smith.
There will be five workshops featuring Steve Bradbury and Justin Herald plus the infamous Brain Fart Couch with the creative crew from Rebel FM to get your creative ideas juicing!
It is free to attend. To register – https://www.stickytickets.com.au/57237
Parking is available at the showgrounds and is a gold coin donation to (insert charity).
The biggest small business expo coming to Logan
Date: Friday 3rd November 2017
Time: 10am To 4pm
Venue: Beenleigh Exhibition Hall, Beenleigh Showgrounds
- A Bikini Body Doesn’t Lead To Happiness; Women Need To Love Themselves Healthy - 13 December 2017
- New Book Sheds Light On Turning Clutter Into Cash - 8 December 2017
- Innovative Awareness Tool Aims to Help Change The Face Of Men’s Health - 1 December 2017
- From Book Worm To Multi International Award Winner - 24 November 2017
- AUSSIE BUSINESS WOMEN DOMINATE INTERNATIONAL AWARDS IN NEW YORK - 24 November 2017
- Resilience – the ability to overcome challenges and turn them into opportunities - 22 November 2017
- Toowoomba Woman Scooped Lawyer of the Year Award - 16 November 2017
- A lady with balls leads the way with men’s health to support Movember - 13 November 2017
- Aussie woman could scoop 4 international awards in London and New York - 27 October 2017
- 11 Spring Cleaning Hacks - 17 October 2017