“A good negotiation, like a good story, has a beginning, middle, and an end” says mediator and conflict resolution coach Rebecca Carroll-Bell. “Too many small business owners try to skip one or two of these steps, and head straight to the end, the result or outcome they want to achieve. This leads to unpredictable results at best, and to failed negotiations at worse.” This August, as part of the Small Business Festival, Australia’s leading conflict resolution expert, Rebecca Carroll-Bell, will share proven techniques that business owners can start using straight away.
Rebecca will be presenting her new workshop “Introduction to Business Negotiation Skills” on Wednesday 9 August at Foothills Conference Centre, Mooroolbark; and on Monday 14 August at 360 Cube, St Kilda. Tickets are $47 per person, and available via Eventbrite [See end of release for links].
As a nationally qualified mediator and former lawyer, Rebecca has seen what can happen when business negotiation goes wrong, and the business costs – in time, effort, money, and productivity – of putting things right. To help Small Business Owners avoid these dramas, and the associated costs, she is presenting a new workshop “Introduction to Business Negotiation Skills” as part of the Small Business Festival Victoria.
This interactive workshop will introduce business owners to different negotiation styles and equip them with the key tools to dramatically improve their negotiation skills, which in turn will significantly improve the success of your everyday interactions both at work and at home.
- Listen to hear and understand, don’t just not listen to respond;
- Explore, ask questions, and be genuinely curious about the other party’s position in the negotiation; and
- Reflect, reframe and confirm your understanding before moving on in the conversation.
Join Rebecca for one of these two sessions and learn how to improve the success of your everyday interactions both at work and at home.
Wednesday 9 August 2017
2.00 pm – 5.00 pm
Foothills Conference Centre, 48 Edinburgh Road Mooroolbark
Tickets: Eventbrite – Foothills Workshop
Monday 14 August
2.00 pm – 5.00 pm
360 Cube, 83 Wellington Street #4, St Kilda.
Tickets: Eventbrite – St Kilda Workshop
Further Information about the Small Business Festival Victoria can be found at https://festival.business.vic.gov.au/
For further information please contact:
- Til death do us part: Victoria’s inheritance rules - 2 October 2017
- When you can’t have a Disney Christmas: How to Manage Expectations for a Happier Holiday - 26 September 2017
- Workshop promises to teach business negotiation skills to dramatically improve the success of everyday interactions - 8 August 2017
- Who, What, Where and When: A Handy Guide to Mediation - 17 May 2017
- Have you been bullied? Don’t let your desire for ‘justice’ blinds you to your own best interests - 24 March 2017
- Mediation, a love story – How I fell in love with conflict resolution. - 10 March 2017
- January Special – Grab a copy of Brief: The Essential Art of Client Management for only 99 cents - 9 January 2017
- Rebecca Carroll-Bell – The Everyday Mediator, bringing a fresh approach to the same old arguments - 16 December 2016
- Avoiding conflict with people you can’t stand but have to see this Christmas - 16 December 2016
- Discover the Essential Art of Client Management with this new book from Australia’s leading Conflict Resolution Expert and Everyday Mediator Rebecca Carroll-Bell - 28 October 2016